Around construction jobsites there is the dual responsibility to protect both workers and passing motorists driving cars, trucks and construction equipment. Work zone collisions caused by these…
Around construction jobsites there is the dual responsibility to protect both workers and passing motorists driving cars, trucks and construction equipment. Work zone collisions caused by these motorists, most often cause injury to the drivers and their passengers. Impact with a solid concrete barrier can damage vehicles, and cause serious injury to occupants.
However, should a collision with a water barricade occur, injuries and damage will be significantly reduced than if the barricade had been constructed from concrete. Yet a ballasted barricade still protects workers in the surrounding area. Therefore, plastic barricades provide an economical and practical solution. For these reasons, water-filled barriers have become one of the most popular options in work zone area protection today.
Water-Filled Barriers Benefits
- Plastic barriers filled with water or sand reduce the severity of work zone area accidents, reducing damage and possible injury to vehicle occupants
- Brightly-colored barricades are more visible than traditional concrete options
- Lightweight empty barricades are easily transported to the jobsite. Ballast can be added on site.
- Plastic barriers do not have to be completely filled, and may be used with different types of ballast such as water or sand.
- The barricades connect easily end-to-end to demarcate an area.
Swing Staging supplies rents versatile and durable plastic water-filled barriers / traffic control barriers. These barricades interlock for secure placement on any surface and for use in any weather. We recommend using with barrier lights, appropriate signage, and fences.
For more information, please contact our representatives at (718) 361-2861, or contact us by clicking here.