The SCAFOR® and TIRFOR® Models
Swing Staging offers Tractel®’s Griphoists including its top performers, the SCAFOR® and TIRFOR® Models.
TIRFOR® TU17 / TU 28 / TU 32 GRIPHOIST
The TIRFOR® TU17 is Swing Staging’s most popular mechanical man-riding hoist. Produced by Tractel®, the TU17 is a multi-purpose, manually-operated wire rope lever hoist.
The TU17 works by pulling directly on the rope. Two pairs of jaws exert their grip on the rope in proportion to the load being lifted or pulled. Any length of rope may be used while user controls the operation. The hoist is very precise yet easy to use: its movement can be controlled to the last millimeter and the equipment can be carried and operated by one person.
Advantages of using a TIRFOR® machine include:
- Easy to handle and operate
- Will accept any height of lift or length of pull
- Provides precise operation
- May be operated in any direction
|Model||Lifting Capacity (lbs.)||Weight with operating handle (lbs.)||Dia. of wire rope (inches)|
The SCAFOR® is a traction hoist that utilizes a wire rope that passes through the machine without being coiled on a drum.
The SCAFOR® has three primary advantages:
- It provides constant effort on the operating handles whatever the height of lift, unlimited height of lift, and long operating life of the wire rope.
- It is lightweight and compact, easy to test and maintain and the effort to be applied on each handle is particularly low.
- Its traction mechanism exerts a grip on the rope which is proportional to the load being lifted.
The SCAFOR® model 408 is UL-classified and conforms to the existing OSHA regulations. Its integrated set of wire rope clamping jaws prevents any downward movement while allowing upwards operation. It has to be held open manually during downwards operation. It is also designed for mounting on light suspended platforms with two hoists or for bosun’s chairs.
- SCAFOR® model 408
- Rated load: 880 lbs.
- Effort on each handle for load of 500 lbs (upwards): 14 lbs.
- Weight of unit without rope: 24 lbs.
- Rope travel for one complete cycle: 3″
- Diameter of lifting rope: 5/16″
- Minimum breaking strength of wire rope: 10,000 lbs.
FOR ALL YOUR SCAFFOLDING NEEDS!
Swing Staging is the largest suspended scaffolding rental company in NYC and in the East Coast. We rent all types of scaffolding equipment including pipe scaffolding, mast climbers, sidewalk bridge components.
We’d be glad to answer any additional questions you have regarding suspended scaffold hoists or platform rentals or sales, please give us a call at (718) 361-2861 or click here to contact us.